Here at Action Gear we specialise in all the technical outdoor gear which makes your adventures even more enjoyable. Our passion for outdoor technical products is only second to our passion for delivering excellence through our service to our customers.
Our own adventure began early in 2010 when we launched Action Cameras, which was the first remained the only specialist in helmet cameras like the GoPro, Drift and more. The competitive edge which kept us as the market leader has always been our vast technical expertise and know-how about our product range and our dedication to making every customer experience better than they could have expected.
In 2013 we upgraded our name to Action Gear and expanded our product know-how beyond just sports cameras to cover all the coolest outdoor technology products we could get our hands on.
Our customers all have a passion for outdoor sports. We wanted to provide products that would enable our customers to record and share their experiences and get more out of something they already love. Everyone has different budgets and requirements and we set out to provide the widest range of products so there is something for everyone. Here's a quick video to show that we don't just sell awesome gear but we use it ourselves too! (Scroll down to read about some of our awards)
Over the years we, as the company and the members of the team, won a number of business awards including;
- A Top 40 placement in South Africa's 2011 Best E-Commerce Companies,
- SABC's expose on The Expresso Show in August 2011,
- Being interviewed live on 94.7 Highveld Stereo after they selected us as their Business of the Week in Nov 2011,
- 5FM interviewing us on the Fresh Drive Show in February 2012,
- 702 Business Spotlight in September 2012,
- The Big Small Business Show on Summit TV - 15 minute insert on our management and company in Feb 2013,
- Regular talks on technologies for KykNet's Dagbreek Show through 2013, &
- SABC's expose on The Expresso Show in December 2013 where they say we have the coolest jobs in the world!
- The Big Small Business Show ran a full segment follow up on our progress in June 2014,
- Our MD, Warrick Kernes, was asked to give a talk on entrepreneurship at J.P Morgan in August 2014.
- In 2009 Action Gear's Co-Founder Warrick Kernes was awarded “The Outstanding Young Business Person of 2009” Award for North West London before moving home to SA.
- In 2012 we were selected by J.P Morgan and Raizcorp as one of SA's Most Entrepreneurial Companies with the highest potential for incredible success. Through this award we won a mentorship bursary sponsored by J.P Morgan for a two year support program with Allon Raiz (Voted SA's No 1 Entrepreneur in 2013) and his team.
- In September 2015 we were awarded top honours in the 2015 eCommerce Awards with the Best Customer Service award!
These awards and the many nominations we receive is a testament to our commitment to our customers and everyone who works with us. We are hoping to win more awards in the future!
We could not continue without the support of our customers so a big thank you to all. Please continue to send us your feedback on how we can improve our products and services.
The Action Gear Team