Action Gear Adventures is the trading name for Action Gear.
Action Gear Adventures is not the organiser and have recruited the experienced help of the company, Adventure Life, as the official organiser of the event (“the Operator”).
A. We appreciate your custom and aspire to provide a friendly and safe experience.
B. All activities including those in which you (“I” and “you” “the customer”) have booked to engage (“the activities”) do carry a degree of risk and by participating in the activities provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and to the maximum extent permitted by law you release the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death;
- Property loss or damage;
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental;
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
1. In participating in the activity, I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out in A and B as above and consent to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(a) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next-of-kin are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
(b) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils I put myself at and to indemnify the Operator against any such claim;
(c) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer from no medical conditions which may be aggravated by the activity;
(d) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of that treatment;
(e) I agree that any films, sound, video or other records taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval from the customer;
(f) I agree to listen to my guide, host, or operational staff, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
2. The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
3. Bookings: Advance bookings are essential. To confirm your reservation full payment must be received. Entries will close 27 January 2015.
Please check-in at the departure point at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Weather can be a challenge and the Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should weather or any other situation occur which at the sole discretion of the Operator demands alteration, amendment or cancellation.
6. The Operator is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay and irregularity which may be occasioned, either by reason of weather, or any defect in any vehicle, vessel or aircraft or through the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers or in carrying out organisation or implementation of tours.
7. The event will take place in Parys, which is 90 minutes from Johannesburg and the Operator is not responsible for any transportation to and from the venue.
8. If the customer decides to camp on the venue after or before the event, you agree that you do so on your own risk and agree to knowing that the camping arrangements are not part of the official event and needs to be communicated with the venue operators separately.
9. Changes to Terms and Conditions:
The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying users of this site.
10. Dietary Requirements:
Whilst we try to accommodate most notified special dietary requirements, this is not always possible.
11. Information Pack:
On completion of your booking, you will be emailed a booking confirmation which will include important details about what you can expect, what you need to bring, what is supplied and where you need to be at what time. Please ensure that you read through this information thoroughly to ensure that you are adequately prepared. You are responsible for ensuring that you dress appropriately, that you have appropriate footwear to undertake the activity, and that you are in a fit medical state to undertake the activity.
Rafting participants need to be between 10 and 80 years of age.
If you are a minor (younger than 18 years), by giving permission for you to participate in the event, your parents or legal guardians agree not to bring any claims against The Operator for losses or damages they may suffer as a result of injury or death you may have suffered as a result of your participation in the event.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING ON BEHALF OF YOUR MINOR, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE DULY AUHORISED IN LAW TO ACT AND LEGALLY BIND THE MINOR. YOU AGREE TO HOLD THE OPERATOR HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US AS A RESULT OF THE ABSENCE OF SUCH LEGAL AUTHORITY.