Admit it – we all have one, but we thought it best making a list you can actually stick to. We’d like to challenge you to tick off each and every one of these. I mean, what’s stopping you? It’s summer, the holiday season is approaching and tis the season to TAKE IN all those precious moments you might have missed out on being cramped up in your office the whole year!
Okay, let's do this!
1) Walk bare foot on grass. Do it first thing early one morning and take in the smell and soft feeling beneath those feet!
Why? It helps you to get back to what matters – Mother Earth!
2) Stop at the next playground you see and swing a bit (nothing like the wind in your hair)
Why? Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we’ve stopped playing. When we do carve out some leisure time, we're more likely to zone out in front of the TV or computer than engage in fun, rejuvenating play like we did as children. But just because we’re adults, that doesn't mean we have to take ourselves so seriously and make life all about work. We all need to play.
3) Make a backflip in the pool
Why? Gravity is reduced and it gives you a sense of flying and lifts those proverbial weights on your shoulders.
4) Give a piggy back ride or enjoy being one yourself
Why? It’s a bonding exercise that symbolises a security and trust!
5) Get your hands dirty and make some mud pies again
Why? Researchers reason that the bacteria Mycobacterium vaccae activates the neurons in the brain that contain serotonin, the chemical that makes humans happy. Further studies are currently being conducted.
Do you have any other points to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below and let's build that bucket list for the December Holidays!