Written by Daryl-Leigh Preuss
Now if you thought the Inspire 1 was awesome, take look at what the Inspire 2 has to offer. The image processing system records up to 5.2K in CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and more. A maximum speed of 108kph, a max descent speed of 9m/s as well as going from 0 to 80kph in just 4 seconds! The Inspire 2 has a maximum flight time of 27 minutes with the help of it’s dual battery system (with X4S). It has two directions of obstacle avoidance and sensor redundancy with self-heating technology allowing the aircraft to fly in low temperatures.
DJI Inspire 2 versus Inspire 2 Combo:
- Inspire 2 Aircraft
- Remote Controller
- Propellers (Pair)
- Intelligent Flight Battery (TB50)
- Battery Charger
- Charging Hub
- Power Cable
- USB Cable (with double A ports)
- Micro SD Card (16GB)
- Vision System Calibration Plate
- Gimbal Damper
- Propeller Mounting Plates
- Carrying Case
- Battery Insulation Sticker
More features including multiple intelligent flight modes such as Spotlight Pro, allowing you to create one of a kind, professional shots. This drone can stream video from an onboard FPV camera and the main camera simultaneously with the use of it’s upgraded video transmission system.
Magnesium aluminum composite shell and transforming design, carbon fiber arms
Vision sensing, 2-axis FPV camera, range of supported cameras
- 108 kph max speed
- 2 kg thrust per rotor
- 15in props
- Maximum 27min flight time (with X4S)
- Dual battery
- Battery redundancy
- Image processing and storage: 5.2K @4.2Gbps RAW video recording, CineCore 2.0, integrated DJI CINESSD
- CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes 5.2K video support
- H.265 and H.264 video codec support,
- 4K video at 100Mbps
- Recorded video can be stored simultaneously on the DJI CINESSD and a Micro-SD card
- FAT32/exFAT universal file system
- Signal frequency switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Lightbridge technology.
- Controllable range: 7 km
- Master-slave mode: Multiple slave controllers supported
- Ports: Extension port, HDMI port, USB port
*Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE QUALITY:
- Integrated into the Inspire 2 is the brand new CineCore 2.0 image processing system, capable of recording 5.2K videos in CinemaDNG1, Apple ProRes2 and more.
- CineCore 2.0 is built into the aircraft nose and works with any camera connected through the dedicated gimbal port.
- Currently compatible with X4S3 and X5S
- 5.2K (5280*2972, 16:9) 30fps 12bit, 4.2Gbps
- 4K (4096*2160, 17:9) 60fps 10 bit, 4.0Gbps
- 5.2K (5280*2160, 2.4:1) 30fps (422 HQ)
- 4K (3840*2160,16:9) 30fps (4444 XQ, no alpha)
- Built-in 3D noise reduction, 3DLUT colour management technology, advanced sensor correction.
- H.264/AVC BP/MP/HP Level 5.1: 4K 60fps, 100Mbps;
- H.265 MP Level 5.1: 4K 30fps, 100Mbps;
JPEG/DNG/JPEG+DNG 14fps in burst 20.8 MP4
DNG 20fps continuous burst 20.8 MP5
- 1, 2 Additional licenses required
- 3 X4S does not support DNG RAW or Apple ProRes
- 4 Photos stored on Micro-SD card
- 5 Photos stored on DJI CINESSD
The Inspire 2 is now capable of recording video in CinemaDNG, Apple ProRes and other common formats for post-production filmmaking. It’s also supported by FAT32/exFAT* file systems, which allows fast copying of files directly from the CINESSD without additional software.
SENSE AND AVOID
Forward and downward vision systems enable the Inspire 2 to detect obstacles up to 30 meters ahead, allowing for protected flight at up to 54kph at a controllable altitude angle of 25°. Upward facing infrared sensors scan obstacles 5m above, adding protection when flying in enclosed spaces. Obstacle sensing systems are active during normal flight, RTH and all Intelligent Flight Modes.
These sensors are core components of the DJI FlightAutonomy system, which brings the below intelligent features to the Inspire 2:
Spotlight Pro is a powerful tracking mode that allows even single pilots to capture complex, dramatic images. It uses advanced visual tracking algorithms to lock onto a subject during flight, regardless of the direction that the Inspire 2 flies, creating shots that would once have required a dedicated camera operator. If the gimbal comes close to reaching its rotation limits, the Inspire 2 itself will rotate in the same direction without affecting flight control or the shot being captured to free up gimbal movement.
It has two shooting modes, Quick Mode and Composition Mode.
In Quick Mode, select an object to begin tracking.
In Composition Mode, select the subject and the tracking position.When the subject enters the preset tracking position, press the shortcut to begin tracking.The gimbal can be moved during shooting for composition adjustments.
Find Spotlight Pro in all available Intelligent Flight Modes such as Active Track, Waypoint, TapFly and Point of Interest.
INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES
Intelligent flight and shooting modes, such as Spotlight Pro, are available making challenging shots simple and repeatable. Obstacle avoidance is active when using Point of Interest and Waypoint modes. QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack are also available.
The 2-axis onboard FPV camera separates the flight view from the main camera view, effectively giving the Inspire 2 a dedicated TapFly camera. Tap a point on screen in the FPV view to set a flight route and the Inspire 2 will automatically fly along that route, allowing you to focus on the gimbal movement.
This mode allows the Inspire 2 to recognise objects such as people, cars, animals etc. Tracking profiles that can be adjusted based on the subject being tracked means greater tracking precision.
SMART RETURN HOME
Forward and downward vision systems allow the Inspire 2 to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies. If signal is lost and the Smart Return Home is activated, it is able to fly home along its original route and change its route to a straight line once it regains signal.
It’s primary camera identifies obstacles as far as 200m in front of it allowing the Inspire to plan a safe route home.
OPTIMIZED TRANSMISSION AND CONTROL SYSTEM
The latest update to DJI Lightbridge technology has a transmission distance of up to 7km and delivers both 1080p/720p video as well as the FPV view to pilot and camera operator. Switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz control frequencies to cut through noise for greater signal stability.
- Free of interference
- FCC compliant
- 5.8GHz transmission is not available in some regions due to local regulations
POWER FLIGHT PERFORMANCE
- Flies up to 108kph
- Descends at 9m/s
- Ascends at 6m/s
- 0 to 80kph in 4 seconds
- Max altitude angle of 40°
- Delicate maneuvers made easy with controller sticks tuned for more sensitivity
- More power for extreme flying conditions using optional dedicated propellers as well as self-heating Intelligent Flight batteries (2500-5000m above sea level / Temperatures as low as -20°C)
Dual redundancy of key modules such as IMU, compass and barometer (The intelligent flight control system monitors the redundancy system, giving it accurate flight data.)
Avoids obstacles using it’s obstacle sensing system
Dual batteries (If the one battery fails, the other will last long enough to land safely)
Reliable propulsion system is driven a PWM signal with serial port signal redundancy so that if PWM signals are lost, transmission will continue through the serial port.
DJI CINESSD Station
This is used to connect the DJI CINESSD to your computer for fast file transfers.
- DJI CINESSD uses an NVMe logical device interface specification
- Features four PCI Express1 ports
- Supports FAT32/exFAT2 file formats
- Comes in both 120GB and 480GB (When using a 480GB CINESSD, the Inspire 2 can record videos at write speeds of up to 4.2Gbps, providing enough data to meet demanding filmmaking needs.)
DJI License Key
DJI license keys allow CineCore 2.0 to record in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes. This allows the Zenmuse X5S camera to produce the exact file type needed for individual post-production requirements.
Maximum video resolution is subject to DJI CINESSD capacity.
- 5.5inch, 1000 cd/m2 display / 7.85inch 1000 cd/m2 display / 7.85inch 2000 cd/m2 display
- Smooth video and integrated image enhancement increases performance in bright environments
- Operational from -20°C to 40°C
- Made to work with a replaceable external battery
- Adds remote focus control to the Zenmuse X5S
Battery Charging Station
- Charges up to 8 Inspire 2 batteries
- Additional space for storing 4 Intelligent Flight Batteries and a standard battery charger
- Equipped with 2 USB charging ports
4G-LTE Network Connection
- The Inspire 2 supports control over 4G. (USB dongle and SDK development required)
- The high bandwidth allows the Inspire 2 to transmit high quality videos to a network server or can be used for ultra-long distance control.
- Cuts video transmission latency to 500ms
A handheld camera mount3 is compatible with the Zenmuse X4S and Zenmuse X5S, bringing the cameras down to the ground for more flexible filmmaking.
Remote Controller4 GPS Accessory
- Improves the accuracy of the remote controller’s positioning.
- It allows accurate Return to Home when moving around an environment.
Share this post