Let Action Gear Buy Your Drone
Are you thinking of selling your drone?
Let us take the hassle off your hands and buy it from you.
Action Gear is a reputable drone dealer and has been a trusted online retail brand since being founded in 2010. This trust from shoppers together with a lot of potential drone buyers who visit our website daily means that we are likely to sell your drone quicker than if you were to list it on Gumtree, OLX, Facebook or others. We also take away the risk of you being scammed by dodgy people who trawl these sites. Let us take care of this for you.
- Fill in the form below with some basic details about yourself and your drone, along with a few pics of your drone and accessories. Hit submit, and we'll take a look at what you have to offer.
- If your drone meets our requirements for purchase, we will make you an offer on your drone, subject to an inspection by SkyFix, our drone repair partners.
- If you are satisfied with the offer we have made, we will arrange for a courier to come and collect your drone and any extras from you. Alternatively, you may also drop your drone and extras off directly at our offices in Blairgowrie.
- The drone will be examined by SkyFix and if it passes the inspection, a certificate will be issued. If it does not meet the standard required by Skyfix, you can either repair the drone with Skyfix in order to meet the standard required or otherwise choose to end the transaction and have your drone returned.
- Once SkyFix has issued Certificate of Approval, Action Gear will make payment into your account for the agreed price for your drone and accessories.
- Turn your drone into cash quickly and easily.
- As long as you agree to the offer made by Action Gear and your drone is undamaged, there is no additional cost to you.
- Avoid potential scammers who might take your drone and never pay.
- No wasting your time showing your drone to any and all potential buyers.
- You can use your old drone as a trade-in when you upgrade.
Selling your drone to Action Gear will not get you the best price for your drone. Our offer is based on many factors, such as the condition of the drone, model/variant, current market value, costs of couriers and SkyFix, whilst still leaving room for a small profit margin.
- The seller benefits through the quick and hassle-free selling process, the free Certificate of Approval from SkyFix, and not having to carry the risk of price fluctuations in the second-hand drone market.
- Should you wish to cancel the transaction at any stage before receiving payment from Action Gear for the sale of your drone, you may do so by contacting us on email@example.com or 011 781 1323.
- Cancellation will result in the costs of courier transport of your drone to us (R150 incl VAT), as well as the costs of inspection by SkyFix (R750 incl VAT), becoming payable by the seller.
If I send it to you and then decide to get it back then what happens?
If the seller decides (for whatever reason) that they want to take the drone back then they can do so however they will be liable to cover the admin costs (such as couriers) and cost of the SkyFix assessment done which is R799 (incl VAT). They will also be responsible for covering any potential costs of returning the drone to their address.
When do I get paid?
Within 10 days of the drone being issued with its Certificate from SkyFix. We’ll ask for your EFT details as part of the sign-up paperwork.
What is the collection costs for sending my drone to you?
We will cover the cost of the collection, as well as the SkyFix assessment, provided you do not cancel the transaction.
How long will the SkyFix assessment take?
A maximum of 10 days
If my drone needs to be repaired, can I list it for selling after it's fixed?
We won't list or sell any drones which haven't been approved by SkyFix. During their assessment, they might uncover something that needs fixing and they'll contact you with a quote to fix this. Only after this has been fixed and approved will Action Gear consider buying your drone. We reserve the right to revise our offer based on SkyFix's assessment.
What are the repairs costs involved?
Any potential repairs are completely dependent on what needs fixing and the pricing of the parts/labour included in the repair.
Can I get the Certificate of Approval separately?
Yes, you can contact SkyFix directly. The service will cost you R750 plus any courier fees back and forth if you need them to arrange this for you.
What type of drones would you sell 2nd hand?
We'll only consider reputable brands which we are familiar with.
Currently, we are accepting:
Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced
Phantom 4 Standard, Advanced, Advanced+, Pro, Pro+ (in white and Obsidian)
Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum
This list is indicative only and will be updated from time to time. For the most up to date information, please contact Action Gear directly on 011 781 1323
Which criteria do you check for it to be “approved” by the SkyFix repair centre?
SkyFix will assess the drone to see that it is in good working order and acceptable to be resold in a condition which we can be proud of. If they see that the drone has been in a crash then it is likely to not be approved however they will contact the seller and, if they feel that they can repair it to be a reasonable condition, then they can fix it and then approve it - however the sales page will state that it is refurbished and Action Gear's offer will be reduced to compensate for this.
Until the point that Action Gear has made payment to the seller and has received the drone to their possession, the seller is responsible for the insurance of the asset. While Action Gear will take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety of the asset the company nor any of its employees cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to the asset prior to having taken ownership.
The buyer agrees that the purchase is done voetstoets. While Action Gear and SkyFix will take all reasonable measures to ensure the asset is in proper working order and good condition, neither Action Gear, SkyFix nor the original seller can be held liable for issues which are picked up after the sale date. With this said, Action Gear would endeavour to help within reason if anything were to happen.