Written by Daryl-Leigh Preuss
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Pro +, the ideal drones for hobbyists and professionals alike! Take a closer look at these incredible aircraft's.
What's the difference between the DJI Phantom 4 Pro & Pro +:
The difference between the Pro and Pro+ drones, is that the Pro+ unit has a built in screen on the remote (there is thus no need to connect to your phone or tablet). The drones, themselves, are exactly the same.
- 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor
- Shoots 4K/60fps video
- Burst Mode stills at 14fps
- Airframe made from titanium and magnesium reducing weight
- Five-directions of obstacle sensing
- Four-directions of obstacle avoidance
Camera with 1-inch 20MP CMOS Sensor
- Eliminates rolling shutter distortion when taking a photo of fast moving objects
- Supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps (Both with a 100Mps bitrate)
- Advanced sensors and processors enable more image detail and image data
Five-Directions of Obstacle Sensing
- High resolution stereo vision sensors placed at the front and rear
- Infrared sensing systems placed on the left and right sides
- Protected from obstacles allowing you to achieve more complex shots
- Upgraded Lightbridge HD video transmission system
- Added 5.8 GHz transmission support
- Choice between 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz
- Maximum video transmission range of 7km
- BUILT-IN 5.5in 1080p screen
- 1000cd/m2 brightness (More than twice as bright as conventional smart devices)
- Vivid colours easily visible in direct sunlight
- No mobile device required
- DJI GO app included (Hardware and software can be fully optimized reducing video lag)
- Share images almost instantly using the DJI GO app
- Integrated HDMI port, Micro-SD card slot, microphone, embedded loudspeaker and Wifi connection
- 5 hour battery life
- Waypoint control!
- Draw the route on screen and the Phantom 4 Pro will move in that direction without changing altitude.
- Standard: The aircraft follows the route at a constant speed with the camera facing in the direction of flight.
- Manual: The aircraft only moves along the route when instructed. The camera can face any direction in this mode.
- The Phantom 4 Pro automatically recognizes, follows and captures subjects as they move
- Advanced image recognition algorithms allow it to track fast moving objects while keeping it in the frame for a smooth shot.
- Fly in any direction visible on-screen with a simple tap
- Automatically avoids obstacles
- Tap the screen again or use control sticks to change direction
- TapFly allows you to turn and tilt the gimbal of the Phantom 4 Pro without changing the direction of flight.
- TapFly Forward - Tap to fly in the selected direction
- TapFly Backward - Tap to fly in the opposite direction of the tap
- I.e. Tap in the bottom right corner of the screen to fly backward towards the top left
- TapFly Free - Lock the forward direction of the Phantom without locking the camera direction allowing it to turn as it flies.
*Obstacle Avoidance is not available with TapFly Free!!!
Return to Home
- The Phantom 4 Pro automatically chooses the best route home depending on environmental conditions
- It records its route as it flies, allowing it to return along the same route avoiding obstacles even if the control signal is disconnected
- At takeoff, the Phantom 4 Pro will record the scene below and compare its recording with what it sees as it returns, ensuring a precise landing
- It will alert the pilot and hover at the appropriate height if it senses any water or obstacles below
- Selfies can be captured using gestures instead of the remote conroller
- The Phantom 4 Pro will recognize the gesture then lock and centre the subject in the frame
- Hold your arms out to signal the aircraft, a three second countdown will begin giving you time to strike a pose!
- The Phantom 4 Pro features dual compass modules and dual IMU units
- Ensures a stable flight
- Constantly compares the data received through both pairs
- Any inaccurate data is simply discarded without affecting flight keeping flight steady and reliable
- Maximum flight time of 30mins
- DJI GO app shows battery lifetime and calculates remaining flight times according to distance traveled and more
- It will alert when it reaches a minimum safe amount required for a safe journey home
- It also has an advanced battery management system to prevent overcharging and over draining
- When placed in longer term storage, batteries will discharge to maintain good health
- There are a large number of Intelligent Flight modes available on this app
- Provides access to full manuel camera controls (ISO; aperture; shutter speed; image formats etc.)
- All changes appear instantly on-screen